Climates and Weather Explainedintegrates climatology and meteorology to present a comprehensive introduction to the study of the atmosphere. Clear explanations of basic principles, concepts and processes are supported by a wealth of highly informative illustrations and case studies.
This innovative textbook with an integral CD-ROM offers valuable insights into topical environmental concerns including: climate change, global warming, sustainable population, environmental degradation, agriculture and drought. By examining issues such as skin cancer, crop growth and air pollution, the relevance of weather and climate to our everyday lives is demonstrated.
THE STUDENT'S CD-ROM:
Included with every copy of the book in hardback and paperback, the Student's CD-ROM is a unique resource of entirely additional material, closely interrelated with each chapter of the book itself.
Providing resources for practical work and advanced study the CD-ROM features:
- 170 extra 'notes', additional illustrations and tables
- Numerical, multiple choice and practical exercises and self-assessment tests
- Adobe Acrobat Reader file format, which allows easy browsing and keyword searching
- Hypertext presentation and extensive cross-referencing
- Clear navigation, print-out and download options
- Link to the Internet and a guide to other useful websites
- A gallery of photographs, an extended glossary, and a bibliography of nearly 2,000 references
In order to view PDF files, you must have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader.
CLICK HERE FOR A DEMO OF THE STUDENT CD-ROM
INSTRUCTORS' RESOURCE PACK:
Available separately from the publisher, the Instructors' Resource Pack contains a copy of the paperback textbook, the Student's CD-ROM plus an additional Instructors' CD-ROM which contains a complete electronic (PDF) file of the textbook itself. The Instructors' CD-ROM will enable you to print and export sections of the textbook into your course handouts, and import examples, graphics and other materials into your own electronic presentations and lectures.
To accompany each sub-section of the textbook, the Instructors' CD-ROM features:
- comprehensive teaching suggestions
- practical experiments for the field or lecture theatre many of which make excellent class demonstrations
- complete topic reference list.
Machine Specifications To run the CD-ROMs you will need:
For further product information, please check out theClimate and Weather Explained flyer from Routledge.
Questions about ordering the book and CD-ROM need to be addressed to Routledge.
home | shorticles | www sites | contact us | contributing | science writing