E. Linacre


A change from water vapour to ice is sometimes called ‘sublimation’ as in Fig 4.1, though the same word is also used for the reverse change, from solid to gas. To avoid the ambiguity, it is better to call the gas-solid transition by the word ‘deposition’. In fact, rime deposits on objects when 'deposition' occurs.